To celebrate the launch of the brand new Orange Ginger flavor of Daily Boost, we’ve created a simple yet highly addictive recipe for date-based energy balls.
Combining the zestiness of orange with the warm spiciness of ginger, these energy balls are deliciously moreish. They’re perfect for breakfast on the go, a pre-workout snack, or a mid-afternoon pick me up. Even better, they’re plant-based, quick and easy to make, and no-bake!
We’ve added whole oats to this recipe because of the long-lasting energy they provide, as well as fiber and protein. While dates may just seem like a sweet treat, they are actually extremely nutritious. In just 100g of dates, you’ll find fiber, protein, potassium, magnesium, iron, vitamin B6. They’re also packed full of antioxidants, so it’s easy to see why they’re hailed as a superfood in many parts of the world.
We’re huge fans of ginger at PurePower, both for its health benefits and its delicious flavor. We also added turmeric to this recipe for an added health boost. Orange Ginger Daily Boost, which contains full-spectrum hemp extract as well as organic MCT oil, helps to restore the body’s natural balance and harmony and regulate stress reactions.
Recipe: Orange Ginger Energy Balls
Makes around 12 energy balls
1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
Zest and juice of 1 large orange (unwaxed)
½ tsp fresh turmeric, finely grated
1 cup medjool dates, pitted
½ cup rolled oats
¼ cup chopped almonds or nuts of your choice
6 droppers (6mL) PurePower Daily Boost, Orange Ginger flavor
1. Roughly chop the dates and place them in a bowl. Pour over the orange juice and allow them to soak for an hour. If you’re in a hurry, this step is optional, but it helps to make the dates more juicy, which means taster energy balls.
2. In a dry frying pan over a medium heat, lightly toast the nuts (if using) and oats until they start to brown. Remember to toss the pan frequently to ensure they don’t burn. Again, you can skip this step if you’re rushing, but it adds a delicious depth of flavor to the energy balls.
3. Drain off the orange juice and place the dates in the blender along with the Daily Boost, grated ginger, and turmeric. Blend for around 30 seconds, until the dates form a smooth paste.
4. Add the rolled oats and nuts, then pulse the blender until the mixture is just combined. Remember – you don’t want all the oats and nuts to be blended.
5. Using your hands, form the mixture into balls a little smaller than a ping pong ball, and enjoy! These energy balls will last for around 4 days in the refrigerator.
Feel free to experiment with flavor combinations – dried coconut, peanut butter, cocoa powder, or flaky sea salt all make delicious additions.