Let’s be honest – there’s nothing more refreshing than a crisp, invigorating glass of iced or cold tea to liven up the day. Even better is when that tea boosts your health and wellness, helping you feel good from the inside out.
So, how can you spice up your tea routine this late summer and fall? We’ve got a recipe that combines the earth’s most essential herbs for combatting inflammation with a zesty kick of turmeric for a full-bodied taste and experience.
This ginger turmeric take on tea is popular in the city of Okinawa in Japan, one of the world’s 5 Blue Zones, and has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties throughout India and parts of Asia.
Add your own American twist, by serving it up in a Mason Jar, pouring it over your favorite pebble or shaped ice, or adding a splash of your favorite Pure Power Daily Boost hemp oil!
Cheers to sipping your way to wellness, and enjoy the satisfying and powerful tea by following the recipe below –
Iced Lemon, Turmeric, and Ginger Tea
- 6 cups of water
- ½ of lemon with rind, sliced or roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tsp ginger root, rough chopped
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 or 1 dropper of Daily Boost Lemon Turmeric
- Add water to a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Add turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the tea to cool before straining.
- Strain the tea into a glass jar or pitcher, and stir in maple syrup or honey.
- Chill overnight for iced tea, or enjoy it hot. Add a lemon wedge as an extra garnish!