When it comes to maximizing the results of hemp-CBD, consistency really is key. Indeed, one of the biggest reasons for people believing that hemp-CBD doesn’t work for them is that they simply did not take it regularly enough, or for long enough. Some people might see instant results from the first time they take hemp-CBD, but for others, it can take weeks or even two months until they experience maximum benefits. In this article, we’ll take a look at why that is.
The Endocannabinoid System
First, it’s necessary to first understand a little about the ECS, or Endocannabinoid System. This huge network of neurotransmitters and receptors interacts with many other systems in the body, including the central nervous system, immune system, and digestive system. When it is functioning properly, the ECS helps to communicate critical information around and between these various systems, which in turn helps to maintain homeostasis, or optimal health, balance, and wellbeing.
However, imbalances in the ECS can occur due to a lack of nutrients stimulating the system. This stops the receptors and neurotransmitters from functioning as they should and leave you feeling in less than optimal health. Studies have shown that hemp-CBD and other phytocompounds (naturally occurring nutrients found in a number of plant species, including hemp), can influence these receptors, restoring imbalances and helping to promote wellbeing.
Why Consistency is Key
With that in mind, there are three main reasons why consistency is so important when taking hemp-CBD:
- The positive effects of hemp-CBD on rebalancing the endocannabinoid system are cumulative, meaning that they can increase over time. Studies suggest that taking hemp-CBD regularly can help the entire ECS to be more efficient and receptive of other nutrients
- Because the ECS is involved in many processes in the body, including sleep, appetite, and pain and immune responses, these various systems can take varying amounts of time to regularize. The digestive system, for example, can take up to six weeks to adjust to a change in diet, such as cutting out gluten, and taking hemp-CBD can be just the same.
- Although its effects build over time, hemp-CBD itself does not actually stay in the body for a long time. The exact time depends on the dose, how you take it, and your individual metabolism, but it can be as little as a few hours. For this reason, if you want to see reliable results, taking smaller doses more regularly could be more effective than just taking it sporadically.
Think of it like taking vitamins. Taking a single dose of vitamin C once you already have a cold isn’t going to instantly fight off the sickness. However, regularly taking vitamin C could help to strengthen the immune system, making you less likely to get a cold in the first place. Alternatively, while going for a run one time might be enjoyable, it isn’t going to have much effect on your body or your overall health. Yet, if you start running regularly, you are much more likely to see positive results
4 Tips For Finding the Hemp-CBD Routine That Works for You
Taking CBD regularly is all about establishing a routine that you can stick to. Follow these tips if you are new to PurePower products:
- START LOW AND SLOW
As hemp-CBD dosing is not standardized, the best rule of thumb is to start low and slow: taking small amounts at well-spaced intervals. Then gradually build up the amount you’re taking and the regularity until you find what works for you and your ECS.
- SMALLER DOSES, TAKEN MORE FREQUENTLY
As we already mentioned, smaller, more regular doses of hemp-CBD can often be more effective than a single, larger dose, as this helps to maintain sufficient levels to nourish the ECS. For example, taking 10mg three times a day could be better than taking a single, 30mg dose each morning.
- TAKE IT WITH FOOD FOR MAX BENEFITS
New research in the journal Epilepsia suggests that taking hemp-CBD with food can improve its efficacy. This is also a good way to “habit stack” or attach a new habit to an old one, in this case eating a meal. Check out our recipes for tasty ways to incorporate PurePower Daily Boost into your breakfast routine.
- TRACK YOUR PROGRESS AND RESULTS
When you start taking hemp-CBD, keep a journal to track your results, remembering to log relevant information like mood, pain levels, energy levels, keeping a track of the amount of hemp-CBD you took each day. This will help you to spot any patterns and figure out what works best for you.