In the thick of winter, there’s no better meal than a hot bowl of soup, especially for getting the nutrients you need to keep your fire ignited.
That’s why we’ve paired our nutrient-fueled Lemon Turmeric CBD oil with one of our favorite flavor-packed recipes: Coconut Curry Lentil Soup!
With this recipe, you’ll be treated to rich aromatic spices, with a splash of coconut for those dreaming of warmer months. For lunch, or dinner, the combination of healthy ingredients and PurePower’s full-spectrum hemp plus performance herbs will have you ready to take on your workout, work tasks, or errands at home.
Even better? It’s simple to make! Put on those chef hats, and get in the kitchen for this comforting meal.
CBD Infused Coconut Curry Lentil Soup
- PurePower Lemon Turmeric CBD Oil (dose per 8 servings of soup)
- 1 ½ cups yellow split peas
- ½ cup lentils
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 2 shallots sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon curry
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 6 cups bone or chicken broth
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Yogurt, lime and cilantro to serve (optional)
- Combine your yellow split peas and lentils into a mixing bowl, and fill with hot water until covered by two inches. Allow to soak for 10-12 hours, drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Heat your cast-iron or stock-pot to a medium heat, and add ghee or butter. Once melted, add your shallots and ginger paste until the combination is fragrant, or up to four minutes.
- Add your coriander, cumin, cardamom, curry and cayenne powder spices and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the lentils and split peas into the pot, along with the bone or chicken broth.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until the lentils and split peas are cooked, approximately 45 minutes.
- With an immersion blender, puree the soup, and stir in coconut milk and PurePower Lemon Turmeric CBD Oil, simmering for another 10 minutes.
- Ladle yourself a bowl, and serve with yogurt, cilantro, and fresh lime!